Re: [vox] miracle on alvarado ave

William Kendrick wrote:

> I ... Have... DSL!!!!!!!!!
[snip]

Mine came back on yesterday, also. Recap:

1. PacBell neglected to update Sagres billing address even though they
received two notices.
2. My enhanced home account was shut down.
3. It took 9 phone calls and 15 days to reactivate the service.
4. It took me 30 seconds to discover that they gave me a dynamic
account.
5. It took an additional three phone calls and 9 days to get a due date
for an upgrade to the original type of account.
6. It took another two calls to get my IP addresses.
7. It took 30 seconds to verify that the aforementioned addresses did
not work. Offices closed for the day.
8. It took an additional two calls the following day to verify that the
account was in fact not upgraded.
9. The situation demanded a final conference call with a tech and a
business rep to get the account upgraded.
10. Services restored after 18 calls and 24 days.

Let me emphasize that PacBell was entirely at fault for the service
stoppage. SBC made two errors, which caused additional delays. No one
ever apologized or in any way indicated that they valued me as a
customer. As a matter of fact, even after understanding that the error
was PacBell's, they still wanted to fine Sagres (a special "fee",
because we "failed to pay our bill). This is how they treat a company
with a voice super trunk, a T1, and multiple home DSLs.

...but thanks to Bill, I now can use gimp to morph the PacBell logo into
Satan and back again (with cool timing steps). Somewhat satifying.

--
Eric Engelhard