Re: [vox] Ms license laugh

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
<deletia>
> the fact is that bush's administration has opted to not break up microsoft's
> monopoloy.  the administration has also dropped the last charge against
> MS -- the charge that explorer is illegally tied to the MS operating system.

At this point in the game, its fairly irrelevant too. I would rather
have them strung up for further tyibng efforts (i.e.
Hailstorm/Passport/XP et al)

The browser wars are over...IE won.  And Konqueror doesnt count for crap
because its only a *nix browser, and Mozilla still has a way to go, and
Opera has bupkis exposure.

> whether you like bush or not, he's a very lucky president.  for a 5 million
> dollar campaign contribution and a 1 million dollar innaugural contribution,
> they have finally got their way.

Not exactly.  The EU investigation will begin fairly soon, and that
bodes very badly at this point, because EU Anti-Trust law is
considerably more stringent and punitive than US law.  And you dont piss
off your 2nd largest market anymore than you do your 1st...its bad for
business (and thats all MS is interested in...keep their inflated stock
price up). EU law actually looks at consumer effects as much (if not
more) than market-competition effects.

Joseph Estevao Arruda	|	www.valinux.com
Corporate Alchemist	|	www.sourceforge.net
VA Linux Systems	|	www.linux.com