Re: [vox] Ms license laugh

speck@blkmtn.org wrote:
<snippage>
> In the meantime, Front Page has a decent interface that enables it to be used.  It, like many MS products,
> is commonly available and relatively easy to use.  The fact that it is limited and does not allow a person
> to do a lot of things, does not prevent people who do not want to become web developers from doing a lot with it.
>
> That said, I currently use a fraction of the capabilities of Dreamweaver, and am currently looking into some
> Linux solutions for long term site maintenence.

As far as authoring...I've been fairly enamoured with Bluefish for over
a year: http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
(note, openoffice.nl has bupkis to do with the openoffice.org folks.
I've met the CEO of Openoffice.nl - Valentijn Sessink - he has a really
sharp clue).

> Oh, does anyone know of a Linux web site management tool that can post using FrontPage extentions.
> One of the sites I maintain will ONLY allow posting with FrontPage.  No ftp/whatever access, so I build with Dreamweaver
> and post with FrontPage, it's getting annoying.

Maybe its just the port they use...I have heard (all circumspect) that
FP just uses a munged ftp method.

Joseph Estevao Arruda	|	www.valinux.com
Corporate Alchemist	|	www.sourceforge.net
VA Linux Systems	|	www.linux.com