Re: [vox] L.A.R.T

Thanks Eric - I am not locked into any particular bit hardward
to have to have or maker - if Athlon will give me what I want at a price that I can afford, then that is what I will get...

Let come up with some parameters and ask them of you and the others that have done here and see what we can come up with.

Are you going to be at the next Lugod meeting? I would like to put a face to the name?

Again, appreciate the Response - Tom

> Tom, I do a lot of research on hardware, and everyone
> has their favorites. I favor Abit, but I'm kinda edgy
> with my hardware. ASUS has a good reputation for
> quality and reliability. I keep hearing SOYO is very
> reliable (?). I like Arden Computers, some of the best
> prices in town and the techs know their stuff. Tell
> them what you need or visit their website:
> http://www.ardennet.com. Matter of fact, looks like
> they sell only Abit, ASUS, SOYO, Intel (generally very
> reliable with windows, don't know about linux), and
> Chaintech (don't know much about them, perhaps they're
> "cheap", don't know) Call them, tell them what you
> have, tell them what you want (fastest front side bus
> possible, will accept your present RAM, 4 RAM slots,
> 4x AGP, usb, etc.) I favor Athlons, but so the type of
> board I bought is different than what you will get.
> ERic
> I do not think you will be disappointed with Arden.
> They are knowledgeable and won't try to sell you junk
> (of course if they were giving it away...) Anyway,
> they're at Alta Arden and Howe, by Arden Mall in Sac.
> 916-489-2000.
>
> --- Tom <Hwy101@accessbee.com> wrote:
> > Am trying to get rid of Windows Eric - As fast as I
> > can get Linux on
> > one of my machine I switch over! Just need Help
> > getting to get there!
> > Hoping Peter will tell me which Motherboard and
> > Model he got.
> >
> > (have 733mhz, but will switch to 1.3/1.4 at right
> > price as long as I
> > can take a long my 3-128 PC133 sets of memory...
> > Suggestions?)
> >
> > Thanks - Tom

* * *

   __o      Traveling down