Re: [vox] [ot] Enterprise?

begin: Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us> quote
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > begin: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> quote
>
> [...]
>
> > it's called a "TV show" because it shows a story.  look at the hitchhiker's
> > guide.  i mean, arthur dent wakes up, and 15 minutes later the earth gets
> > destroyed.  is that any better?   :-)
>
> Talk about overkill... storytelling doesn't doesn't get any better. :)
> Well, at least in the radio show...  The TV show didn't impress me.

if you're talking about hitchhiker, the bbc show actually put me to sleep!
literally!

> > > And the whole "bad guys from the future" crap is getting REALLY old
> > > already.
> >
> > nah.  that's what makes sci fi buffs, sci fi buffs.  :)   we love sci-fi
> > themes, and "bad guys from the future" is a dang good one!
>
> Try Ursula LeGuin (The Dispossessed), or Stanslaw Lem (Solaris), bill.
> Just doesn't make saleable prime-time fare.

i just saw the dispossessed in a book store a few weeks ago.  i'm a big
earthsea fan, although the last book was not so hot.   i also just saw yet
another earthsea book that she just wrote.  i'm waiting for the paperback.

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002