Re: [vox] Ms license laugh

don't laugh so hard.  a bunch of LUGS use frontpage.  notably diablo valley
PC group's linux sig used frontpage for their website.   as rick moen.

and a WHOLE lot of users of vox use windows to read/send email to this list.
one of them even tried sending a 25MB file to the list with an attachment
called "virus.jpg".  it got bounced to me this evening.  good thing majordomo
has size limits...

pete

begin: Sam Peterson <skpeterson@ucdavis.edu> quote
> Heard about this on slashdot.  It's really funny.  Still, what Linux web
> developer uses Frontpage?!  I can't ever see a reason for this to be
> enforced.  And honestly could it stand up in court?
>
> At 11:37 AM 9/20/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> >"While we're on the subject of license enforcement, let me throw in a term
> >one alert reader just spotted in the license for FrontPage 2002. 'You may
> >not use the Software in connection with any site that disparages
> >Microsoft, MSN, MSNBC, Expedia, or their products or services ...' the
> >license reads in part. Good thing InfoWorld doesn't use FrontPage 2002 to
> >post this column, I guess."
> >
> >--The Gripe Line columnist Ed Foster turns the spotlight on some of
> >Microsoft's current business practices.
>
> Sam Peterson
> Hart Interdisciplinary Programs
> 2201 Hart Hall
> University of California, Davis
> One Shields Avenue
> Davis, California 95616
> (530) 752-9332

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002