Re: [vox] Pre-Install-Fest Question

Not to take away from Foo Lim, Rod or ERic, but the short answer is yes you
can bring your system to the IF, but we will end up doing what Foo Lim, ERic,
and Rod are suggesting and look the information up. If you are not yet ready
for the challenge then bring it on down and we will look up what ever we need
to. With any luck Foo Lim will even be at the IF :-) If you want to learn
more about your system then I would suggest attempting to do it yourself (yes
I saw that you have tried Red Hat 7.1). It doesn't have to hurt to get LINUX
up and running any more (usually), but you will always learn more when it
does (what you will learn I am not saying).

Tom do you have access to a CD-RW and a decent connection if so you can burn
a coppie of Red Hat 7.1, or Mandrake 8.0, or you get the point. If not let me
know what you want to try and I will burn a copy for you. I can even drop it
of on Monday. If you want me to burn a CD for you just E-Mail me off list at
clownsinc@home.com

You may have a memory problem though. I have seen this happen before at an
IF. The Installee came in hating Windows and in this case we could not fault
Windows (well maybe a little) she had bad memory. This was just an idea (have
you had this system up under a different OS? If yes then I may be leading you
in the wrong direction, but in any case have fun.

Rusty