Re: [vox] [ot] Enterprise?

begin: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> quote
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 02:14:05AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> <snip>
> > There are several theories posted on Slashdot regarding the Klingon's
> > forehead markings.  They also have several discussions on how the first
> > contact with the Klingons was supposed to be a disaster but wasn't so
> > much.
>
> This is the other deal.  The first episode went from 0 to everything
> in 120 minutes.
>
> No phasers, no warp 5, no klingons, no 'real' use of transporters...
>
> by the end...
>
> phasers, rigel 10, warp 5, klingons, cronos<sp?>, beaming people out in
> the last minute <sigh>

i'm trying to see the point here.  would you have prefered the show to end by
catching a glimpse of the enterprise leaving dock?  or perhaps they should've
ended the show by finishing up the building of the enterprise.

better yet -- perhaps they should've ended the show by the federation selling
bonds to finance the building of the enterprise.

better yet -- perhaps they should've ended the show by the federation council
about to take the vote to determine whether they should sell bonds to finance
the enterprise.   would that be better?

it's called a "TV show" because it shows a story.  look at the hitchhiker's
guide.  i mean, arthur dent wakes up, and 15 minutes later the earth gets
destroyed.  is that any better?   :-)

> And the whole "bad guys from the future" crap is getting REALLY old
> already.

nah.  that's what makes sci fi buffs, sci fi buffs.  :)   we love sci-fi
themes, and "bad guys from the future" is a dang good one!

> Q was bad enough...

q's not from the future.  he's from the past, present and future.

> then the Borg were doing it...

the borg went into the past.   don't dis the borg!  the borg are the biggest,
baddest, most terrific enemy that any sci fi writer has ever dreamed up.

the federation never had to deal with enemy borg from the future.  just a
friendly borg from the future.  (kind of).

> then
> every alien and their cousin.  ARGH

uhhhh, bill?  don't you watch dr. who?  do you want us to start listing all
the baddies from dr. who which came from the future?

some of us *really* enjoyed this episode!!  sorry you hated it so much!  :(

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002