Re: [vox] [ot] Enterprise?

I liked the opening sequence very much.  I do remember thinking the song
could have been better chosen but I felt it was much better than the old
genre theme songs.  The opening sequence including the song gave the show
a nice rugged feel I was looking forward to in the show.

I would have been very embarassed to watch the jelly scene with my kid if
I were a father and while I think it added a nice spice to the show they
could have left it out.  The same goes for the dancing scene.  But
actuallly these weren't the raciest scene they've ever had -- the STTNG
had a scene of a naked painted woman dancing in front of Worf's boy; I
think the dancing woman was topless underneath the paint.  No wonder
Alexander turned out so bratty!

I'm amazed at you guys' abilities to remember Vulcan names so precisely.

There are several theories posted on Slashdot regarding the Klingon's
forehead markings.  They also have several discussions on how the first
contact with the Klingons was supposed to be a disaster but wasn't so
much.

As for T'pol's emotions, I thought she was showing quite a bit, too, but
it looks more like she has a lot of suppressed emotions than having
emotions.  I think it looks very natural and fits her character quite
well.  We all know Vulcans suppress their emotions and this is probably an
early stage of that, in which case she's doing an excellent job of
portraying it.

And yes, Henry -- I have the whole shbang on tape, commercials and all.
It's not exactly a digital copy on Tivo, but at least it's on SP :) Remind
me to bring it to the next meeting and it shall be yours for viewing...

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/