Re: [vox] [ot] Enterprise?

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Stephen M. Helms wrote:

> Since no one has asked yet and Pete did not mention it yet, What did you
> think of the show?

It was about as good as I had hoped, and much better than I feared it
might be.

The TNG premiere, Encounter at Farpoint aired in 1987.  I was ten.
Even at that age I knew it was lame.  I do remember the ds9 premiere, and
it was acceptable, if sort of... dull.  It was better than Voyager's.

This was actually good.  A little slow, maybe not ground-breaking
television, but really very good for a Star Trek franchise.

I'm not complaining per se, but... I really wonder about the um, sexiness
of it.  I can point out all sorts of things wrong with the anti-fungal
oiling scene, not the least of which would be... why couldn't they oil
their *own* ears?  But, while that was the most overtly sensual scene,
there were a lot of other little bits of sex thrown in... like... the
painted dancers... and Captain Archer in his undergarments...

This could be an interesting ride.

-Melissa