January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] [ot] Enterprise?

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> t'pol was spock's bride to be.  t'pau was the woman who was going to marry
> them (the only person to ever refuse a seat on the federation council).  the
> old one who kept calling him "spawwwwk".

t'Pau was the old woman, t'Pring was Spock's wife, t'Pol is someone
totally new.  =)  Apparently the powers that be were originally kicking
around the idea of making the science officer a young t'Pau, but
thankfully they changed their minds.

> > > this show is a keeper.  just as long as they change the opening song.
> >
> > Yep. What were they thinking?
>
> 10 bucks says it changes before the season closes.  :)

That was fucking lame!!  It was like Star Trek: Dawson's Creek.  I liked
the montage, and I could see what they were trying to do with the music, a
more provincial, grungy, unsophisticated Earth in comparison to the grand
ensembles of the mature fleet in TNG, DS9 and VOY, but...  Surely there's
a better way to express that. =P

--
 {  Stand on your own  }  O o .