Re: [vox] [ot] Enterprise?

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> if you could somehow add up the quality of the first episodes of stng, stds9
> and stv, it wouldn't equal the quality of the ste premier.
>
> all the other premiers, the characters were stiff, actors were uncomfortable
> in their roles, and it was obvious the writers didn't have much direction.
> frankly, the premier of stng was an embarrasment.  the premier of stv was
> painful.  the premier of stds9 was ... was ...  unmemorable.  i'll bet most
> people here can't even remember the first episode of ds9.

I agree. The pilot is a tough episode to base the show on.
However, I think as far the the special effect go, it was great. Even faced
with the tough position of being before TOS.

> somebody did their homework with ste.  the actors seemed OK with their roles.
> the plot was extremely novel.  i enjoyed learning about the relationship
> between vulcans and humans after first contact.  it was exciting and uhhh...
> stimulating.  :)

I think they didn't introduce the characters very well. I had a hard time
telling who was who in the beginning.

> the weakest part of the show was t'pau (is that the same t'pau that we see in
> sttos episode 'amok time'?  i think they overdid her character a little.
> but it was forgivable considering how great the show was.

To nitpick: T'pol. :)

> considering how st series tend to start bad and get really, really good,
> this show has ALOT of potential.
>
> this show is a keeper.  just as long as they change the opening song.

Yep. What were they thinking?

-Gabe