Re: [vox] [ot] Enterprise?

begin: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> quote
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 04:47:58PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> <snip>
> > somebody did their homework with ste.  the actors seemed OK with their roles.
> > the plot was extremely novel.  i enjoyed learning about the relationship
> > between vulcans and humans after first contact.  it was exciting and uhhh...
> > stimulating.  :)
>
> Did ANYONE even hear the dialogue during that embarassingly gratuitous
> scene!?

gratuitous?   what kind of gratuity?

> > the weakest part of the show was t'pau (is that the same t'pau that we see in
> > sttos episode 'amok time'?  i think they overdid her character a little.
> > but it was forgivable considering how great the show was.
>
> She was WAY too emotional.  <sigh>  How much ya wanna bet she's a Romulan
> spy!? ;)

well, perhaps the vulcans evolved; i'm not sure she was emotional.  i think
it was just aloofness.  but i could be wrong.  i dunno.

also, i was kind of hoping that the klingons looked the way they did in TOS.
i was hoping they'd elucidate on worf's comment "we don't like to talk about
that" when confronted about how the klingons seem to have changed their looks
over the centuries..   :-)

> > considering how st series tend to start bad and get really, really good,
> > this show has ALOT of potential.
> >
> > this show is a keeper.  just as long as they change the opening song.
>
> Indeed.  However, it did remind me of a relatively good British sci-fi
> from the early 90's, "Star Cops."  It's a near-future show which had
> somewhat similar title music. :)

heh.  :)

> Of course, then I got stuck reading tons of news about Blake's 7,
> the One True Space Sci-Fi.  (Dr. Who's probably the One True Sci-Fi,
> with Hitchhiker's Guide and Red-Dwarf tying for the Two True Sci-Comedies)

what?!?  the bbc hitchhiker sucked BADLY.  i actually fell asleep watching
it!  (the book is one of my all time faves though).

pĪte

whoa. how did i get that box character?!?

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002