January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] [ot] Enterprise?

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 04:47:58PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
<snip>
> somebody did their homework with ste.  the actors seemed OK with their roles.
> the plot was extremely novel.  i enjoyed learning about the relationship
> between vulcans and humans after first contact.  it was exciting and uhhh...
> stimulating.  :)

Did ANYONE even hear the dialogue during that embarassingly gratuitous
scene!?

> the weakest part of the show was t'pau (is that the same t'pau that we see in
> sttos episode 'amok time'?  i think they overdid her character a little.
> but it was forgivable considering how great the show was.

She was WAY too emotional.  <sigh>  How much ya wanna bet she's a Romulan
spy!? ;)

> considering how st series tend to start bad and get really, really good,
> this show has ALOT of potential.
>
> this show is a keeper.  just as long as they change the opening song.

Indeed.  However, it did remind me of a relatively good British sci-fi
from the early 90's, "Star Cops."  It's a near-future show which had
somewhat similar title music. :)

Of course, then I got stuck reading tons of news about Blake's 7,
the One True Space Sci-Fi.  (Dr. Who's probably the One True Sci-Fi,
with Hitchhiker's Guide and Red-Dwarf tying for the Two True Sci-Comedies)

(There's a TV movie in the works, starring and being developed/co-produced
by Paul Darrow, aka Avon...  Reading some of news he's written about it on
the new official Blakes7.com website, I'm learning how funny this guy is...
It must've been difficult for him to keep a straight face recording such
a serious, dramatic, evil character, back when B7 was being made in the
late 70s, early 80s  :) )

-bill!
Reminds me... Henry, did I ever lend you my other B7 audioplay?