Re: [vox] Got DSL!

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, tres wrote:

> be curious to see the log files for a Verizon DSL (as well as an
> Earthlink - if anyone out there has one) connection.  What is
> your uptime? Quality of support? etc.

Well, I *just* got it working so there's no meaningful uptime at the
moment.  Everytime I called their sales or tech lines they've been very
friendly and helpful and even knowledgeable, like when I asked them bunch
of questions like:

   1. What hardware does it use (to make sure it's compatible with Linux
      -- I even mentioned I use Linux... and Windows)

   2. Is it DHCP or PPPoE? (It's DHCP :)

   3. Will it be compatible with Alcatel DSL "modems"?  The guy I was
      talking to even criticized the misusage of the term "modem" used to
      referred to the DSL device.

BTW, I'm supposed to have dynamic IP with DHCP, but everytime I boot the
system I get the same IP address!  Maybe their DHCP system has enough
IP addresses to give out static IPs to everyone for the moment.
<grinning-so-much-mouth-tearing-across-the-face> :)

Wish you were here,
-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim