Re: [vox] Linux just Quit

At Sunday, 23 September 2001, Tom wrote:

>Inrestingly - Linux was running one of the Random Screen Savers (the
>one where the screen is broken up into Blocks) and QUIT.
>
>Froze Solid - Mouse no work - Cmd-Alt-Del not work...
>(interesting for a system that was idling and suppose to be so rock
>solid and stable and run for days...)

Did you try just killing/restarting X (note, ctrl-alt-backspace kills
XWindows)? It was likely just X that was locked up. I've found that
the default screensaver package that comes with Gnome has many screensavers
which just flat out don't work (although I haven't had one lock X
up). Since "Random" can randomly pick one of these screensavers,
one of the first things I usually do is change the screensaver from
Random to a specific one I like (qix ATM).

Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
http://www.malevolence.com        telnet://mud.malevolence.com:3000