January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] [OT] unions

A request was made to me to not persue this on list.

Please do not make me point out the flaws in the various aurguments on list by continuing this.  It will get nasty.  People seldom like my version of the truth as many are unwilling to admit that all thngs and people are not equal in talent, drive, skill, native ability and luck.  My view can be harsh and uncompromising.  If you MUST continue this, seek me out at the next LUGOD meeting and I will be more than willing to discus it OUTSIDE THE MEETING (it will be a discussion, but I strongly suspect it will be a loud discussion)

THE ONLY POINT I will make and the flaw in MOST aurguments made on this list against unions are ------ generalizations made by people who have not had to suffer the conditions that forced a union into existence.  Some people forget that others may lack the talents/ability/skill and/or LUCK! that some have also had.  If we want to compare starting points, I have lived in my car at one time, had said car towed away and was fortunate to rely on my family and friends.

Off list, just ask for me at LUGOD Tuesday.

-sp