Re: [vox] ACM article: 'Study: IT Budgets Opening Up to Linux'

Re: [vox] ACM article: 'Study: IT Budgets Opening Up to Linux'

<snipe>
> Eric, I don't know much about you, but condescending
> to me is pretty
> much a moot effort.

When you read that back, how does it sound?

> But if it makes you feel
> better, go for it.

I was countering your argument, nothing more, nothing
less. My point is that it is difficult enough getting
good support for anything, but SUN-type support for
Linux is hard to find, and at this point, it would be
folly for EDS to promise Linux support the way we can
the others, due to the difficulty of supporting the
hardware and software (which we would probably want to
standardize on one distro and a limited hardware
configuration).
I'm not any better than anyone else, and neither are
you, regardless of penis size, pissing ability,
automobile type, mortgage payment, job title, or
anything else, so let's keep it friendly, ok? I like
to take everything with a bit of humor, and if I can't
laugh (*especially at myself*) anymore, I might as
well be dead. Linux might take over the computing
world someday, just not yet.
ERic