January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] [OT] unions

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, George Thomas Finch wrote:

> Should we vote to establish VOX-POLITICS ?
>     This might also be useful for the copyright/carnivore/NSA/US vs. MS/Big
> Brother/DMCA etc. discussins that keep popping up..:-)

Are you trying to marginalize Joel, George?  I will defend his right to
make a fool of himself right here in public!  ;-)

> George
>

> > I think that unions had a purpose in the past, but government
> > regulation has made them less and less useful.

Here Joel says they are purposeless because of government regulation (a
known Bad Thing(tm) ), but below he argues that the government hasn't gone
far enough!  Are you feverish, Joel?

> > Normal everyday
> > structures provide most members with enough portable benefits
> > and security that I don't understand why this outdated
> > feature has not been banned! :-)
> >
> > Joel

(Definitely LOL!)

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing