Re: [vox] unions [was: ACM article: 'Study: IT Budgets Opening Upto Linu

Re: [vox] unions [was: ACM article: 'Study: IT Budgets Opening Upto Linux']

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> btw, in all my years of coding C, i just used a union for the first time.
> i feel like celebrating.  :)   also wrote my first lex program.   now the
> big trick will be writing the bison companion.  oi vey.

I can think of many uses for them, but none in projects that I want to
undertake.  Conceptually, they are very cool, but as one of my cs profs said
(loosely), "In 15 years of C, I've seen 1 person use a union for a good
reason".

Congrats! ;)

-Gabe