Re: [vox] ACM article: 'Study: IT Budgets Opening Up to Linux'

Re: [vox] ACM article: 'Study: IT Budgets Opening Up to Linux'

<snipe>
>Thats wrong. When VA did HW, we did 4 hour onsite.
> Linuxcare did 4 hour
> response (no onsite though), and I am sure IBM does.
> Don't know about
> Dell or HP. Logicon does support contracts as
> well...
>
> That argument falls fairly flat, as it has for the
> past 2-3 years.

So, if we sold 24x7 support to a client 2-3 years ago
and contracted with, say, VA or LinuxCare, and they
are no longer in business, the argument falls flat?
Or... my point is definitively proven!!! Selling
support that evaporates is a great way to anger
clients and lose profits. IBM is a competitor, so we
are not going to contract with them. So who is left to
serve our worldwide client base of large corporations
and govt. agencies? Is Logicon up to the task? Maybe
"a few good admins" could handle it? Get a grasp on
reality, the kind of support we would require *does
not and has not* existed up to this point in time, not
on a large enough or global enough scale (so just
*stop*!) ;)
ERic