Re: [vox] ACM article: 'Study: IT Budgets Opening Up to Linux'

Eric wrote:

> Basic reason the large systems integrator I work for
> does not "officially support" Linux is that we can't
> get Platinum support ala SUN to be onsite within 4
> hours with a workable solution.

Thats wrong. When VA did HW, we did 4 hour onsite. Linuxcare did 4 hour
response (no onsite though), and I am sure IBM does. Don't know about
Dell or HP. Logicon does support contracts as well...

That argument falls fairly flat, as it has for the past 2-3 years.

Joseph Estevao Arruda	|	www.valinux.com
Corporate Alchemist	|	www.sourceforge.net
VA Linux Systems	|	www.linux.com
z at valinux dot com	| 	www.enlightenment.org