January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] debian question

> On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 09:08:04AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>> i'd like to update wine, but it appears i have to wait until X gets
>> bumped up to 4.1.0 in woody.
>
> Or do what I did - compile and install by hand.  :)
>
> Micah

Yeah we just had that discussion.  Pete doesn't want to
mess up his package management.

However I was just thinking... surely there's a way to
install 4.1 into a different set of directories, so that
4.0 is not touched?

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who tries that.

-- Rod
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/