Re: [vox] debian question

begin: Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> quote
> You could update X yourself... not trivial but it comes with
> pretty good instructions.
>
> Make a backup first.  :-)

yeah, of course i knew that.  but it would be a supremely bad idea.  the
last thing i want to do is trample over dpkg installed files.  i'd rather
cut off my right arm than risk losing integrity of dpkg's database.  :)
well, not really.  maybe the left arm, though.  :)

i could turn the source into a debianized package, but i don't want to tackle
something like X.  i'd do this for defendguin, but X is a bit more
complicated.   i know my limitations, and that's most likely beyond my
capability.

installing sid's X probably isn't possible without some massive other
package installing, but even if it were possible, i'm not entirely sure i
want to do this either.  gives me the creeps...

i'm inclined to wait for woody to update.  i was just wondering if anybody
heard rumors about when it's going to happen.

pete