Re: [vox] lokigames book discount for lugs

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 05:12:28PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> if you ever wanted to order a game ported by loki, now is the time to
> do it...
>
> they have an online ordering service.   :)

If anyone decides that Loki's Rune looks pretty damn good (which it
does), just keep in mind that it requires a combination of swap and
physical memory of 512MB (just for loading in between levels - sounds
like *supremely* crappy programming if you ask me).  If you have
kernel 2.4.*, make that total physical memory or total swap, since
(according to Loki) Linux 2.4 "effectively" sets aside a chunk of swap
equal to physical memory.

This really burned me - I can't play until I've bought more memory or
a new hard-drive (which I'm planning on doing anyway).

Micah