Re: [vox] re: looking forward to Mondays GIMP overview

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 09:54:36AM -0700, Eric Engelhard wrote:

> I would like to see an example of script-fu and/or batch processing. Say
> you want to make thumbs (with fancy frames) of each image in a directory
> and place them within the same directory. I wrote a very short php
> script to display all the thumbs as links to the full image, but I did
> the thumbs by hand (with gimp). Since the digital camera always uses the
> same file names, the php script is reusable, but making all those thumbs
> is nauseating.

Well, Script-Fu and batch stuff will be in part 2 of the talk
(in September).  I want to get through the basics without rushing too
much.

I also want plenty of time to figure Script-Fu and batch processing out
myself.

So - take note... Monday's Gimp talk will NOT go over advanced stuff
like programming Scripts and batch processing.  It's going to be the
basics of using the Gimp interface.  (I may also split Layers and other
semi-complex stuff into the 2nd talk, too.  Not sure yet)

-bill!
(time to whip out MagicPoint)