January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] Going to be moving to Davis-Good evening :-)

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 10:31:20PM -0700, StarTux wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>    Hope everyone is doing good. I'll be moving to Davis next month, and
> it seems like a nice place.
>
> Just wondering, anyone know of anyone needing any Linux people with
> experience for work? Been checking around and sending out resume's for
> the past month, but no-one has yet even replied to a single application.
> Did not help that I got layed off by Penguin computing either...Hate to
> ask the list this on my first posting :-(. Flame away.

It's no problem.  Did you happen to see LUGOD's "Jobs" page?
It is by no means comprehensive, and not always up to date (since people
never follow-up... I have to manually go through and see if listings are
still valid every once in a while), but it's a good starting point.

<snip>
> Why am I moving to Davis? Simple, my wife goes to the university there
> starting next month, so I have to invade :-).

Hehe... I understand that reasoning. ;)

> Be seeing you at your next meeting on the 20th with a little bit of luck!

Well, welcome!  Hope to see you there, and good luck in the job search!