January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] Going to be moving to Davis-Good evening :-)

StarTux wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>    Hope everyone is doing good. I'll be moving to Davis next month, and
> it seems like a nice place.

We all like it (even those of us who dont live there anymore ;)

> Just wondering, anyone know of anyone needing any Linux people with
> experience for work? Been checking around and sending out resume's for
> the past month, but no-one has yet even replied to a single application.
> Did not help that I got layed off by Penguin computing either...Hate to
> ask the list this on my first posting :-(. Flame away.

1. There is a jobs portion of lugod.org (its a start)
2. No, your question is perfectly valid.
3. Sorry about the layoff. Its been beating a lot of folks up...

> I am using SuSE 7.2 as my distro. Guess I like lizards :-). I do have a
> lot of experience with Redhat from my time at Penguin.
>
> Why am I moving to Davis? Simple, my wife goes to the university there
> starting next month, so I have to invade :-).

Its as good a reason as any. Welcome (even if you are from Penguin Comp.
;)*

* --
Joseph Estevao Arruda	|	www.valinux.com
Corporate Alchemist	|	www.sourceforge.net