January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] talk requests

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 01:47:53PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
<snip>
> Also, since it hasn't been very long since the Blender talk at LUGOD then
> at RoseLUG, instead of giving the talk at LUGOD it may be better to give a
> talk at DGDC (Davis Game Designer's Club)

Think Mother.com... err... Cal.net would be willing to host DGDC's site
like they do LUGOD's?  DGDC's been down for a few _weeks_ cuz of some
server hardware issue that hasn't been dealt with yet.  <sigh>

If you'd like to give it at DGDC, that'd be very cool! :)

<snip>
> BTW, I started using Gimp 1.2 for Windows at work :)  Just couldn't handle
> not having a graphics program under Windows, you know?  Anyway, it looks
> like a lot of new features were added to Gimp since the 1.0.4 I've been
> using.  I'm really sad I missed Bill's talk at SacLUG and I'd like Bill to
> give a talk at LUGOD soon.

I might need to give a two-part'er. :)  I went _way_ over the time limit
at SacLUG, but the audience was yelling for more.  I ended up cutting out
the little I was going to say about Script-Fu and Plug-ins (and left that
for the dinner afterwards).

Anyway... we'll see.  Sometime soon, I'm sure. :)

(Lots of holes in LUGOD's currnet schedule)