[vox] Ever wanted to know more about networking?

[vox] Ever wanted to know more about networking?

(last one)
Hello all,

A long time ago, I had plans to document lots of general information on
networking and have a "networkng 101" site with enough info to give
everyone a base understanding of networking. (I have not added anyting to
it for about a year or so think.)

Anyway, two of the more popular items are the "ISO OSI 7 Layer Model" and
the "TCP/IP 5 Layer model".

You need to find it? If you go to yahoo, google, altavista or some other
search engines, and enter in "ISO OSI 7 Layer model" you usually see it as
the top hit.

You can also try:
http://mike.passwall.com/networking/netmodels/isoosi7layermodel.html
and
http://mike.passwall.com/networking/netmodels/tcpip5layermodel.html

Some general stuff about networking and links to the above in the models
section can be found here:
http://mike.passwall.com/networking/

I used tables to display the models/layers instead of images so that many
lynx browsers can actually see the content of the page much like the
netscape and MSIE users. (Some versions of lynx dont display the tables
well. I never took enough time to troubleshoot where / why some versions
of lynx worked while others did not and then document a list of versions
that liked the tables.)

When I get time, I plan to spellcheck the docs and add to it and make it
more like a full course on networking. For now it is kind of incomplete.

Hope someone here finds it useful,
-ME