Re: [vox] Speakers needed

bill,

put me down for first meeting of november.   below is the talk's blurb.

it's probably a "full thermometer" type talk.

pete

Writing Custom Made Videomode Timings

Have you ever:

	* Wanted to learn what those cryptic lines in XF86Config are?

	* Had trouble configuring X for a system?

	* Wanted to know how to squeeze every last drop of performance from that
		really expensive videocard you bought?

	* Wondered about the mechanics of how X displays moving images on your
		monitor?

Then this talk is for you.  I will start by explaining how X paints your
screen.  We then move on to learn how the videocard interacts with X,
including some rather complicated timing/synchronization issues.  There's
lots of terminology to cover, and in the process we'll learn more about the
interaction between the videocard and the monitor.  Lastly, we put all this
information together to write custom made videomodes which you can drop in
your X config file.  You can tweak these modes to make use of all the
performance your videocard is capable of.  Windows can't even come close.

begin: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> quote