Re: [vox] GIMP for Windows...

One of the places I was looking at Gimp (maybe the home site) noted that the One version in the package was not the most current and have a replacement for after you Installed the package, you replace the executable with a more current/staple one (that corrected a know problems that the one in
 the package had with windows... found this in the text files)

But, I would also be interested in your compile (if I have got a linux
box up by then... (hoping otherwise, of course)

Tom

> Ummm,
>
> On the www.gimp.org page, bottom right, there is a link.  It says GIMP for Windows.  http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32//
>
> It is version 1.20, not the latest 1.22.  It works well for the most part.  I used it at work when I needed to do some editing on some graphics and I didn't have a graphics program installed.  My wife uses it at home as well, it's cheap.  When I was looking at the Cygwin tools, I came across a
link to GIMP.  It seems that the GIMP for Windows is done with Cygwin.  In a few months I may try and compile the latest GIMP to run on WIndows, but I will probably spend my time settign up a server so that my wife c