Re: [vox] Replacement Power Supply Suggestions

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Patrick B. Lickiss wrote:

> according to the BIOS, with the -5V sensor.  WIth only one processor,
> the error was about .4V (my BIOS has a range of +/- .3V for each
> lead).  Since adding the second processor, the voltage reading has
> been hovering between -5.8 and -5.9V.  This leads me to believe that I
> have a bad power supply and have had one for quite some time.  (if
> anyone can think of any other reason for these errors, please let me
> know)

Could the second processor be bad thus causing the freeze?  If the second
processor is okay, you could run the system with only that processor to
see if everything works.  Be careful not to damage the processors, tho.

Otherwise I'd take up on Geoff's offer and borrow his power supply and try
it out.

Good luck!

-Mark

--