Re: [vox] Replacement Power Supply Suggestions

Re: [vox] Replacement Power Supply Suggestions

Pat,
	I have a 300W power supply you can try out to see if it resolves your voltage issues.  I personally have 300W or better PSs in all my SMP boxen...

-- Geoffrey

begin  Patrick B. Lickiss quotation:
> Recently my computer started freezing for no reason whatsoever.  This coincided with the addition of a second processor to my dual P3 motherboard.  When I first put the system together, with only one CPU, I would periodically get voltage errors upon boot-up, always, according to the BIOS, with the -5V sensor.  WIth only one processor, the error was about .4V (my BIOS has a range of +/- .3V for each lead).  Since adding the second processor, the voltage reading has been hovering between -5.8 and -5.9V.  This leads me to believe that I have a bad power supply and have had one for quite some time.  (if anyone can think of any other reason for these errors, please let me know)  Assuming that I do, in fact, have a bad power supply, I'm looking into replacing it.  My question is, based on the fact that I have 2 CPU's, each with fans, a DVD drive, most of my expansion slots filled, and a host of case fans, etc.  should I put another 250W supply in or upgrade to a 300 or higher?  !
 Thanks for your time, sorry it took so long to ask such a simple question :)