Re: Slackware 8.0 (was: Re: [vox] Why Debian?)

On 03 Jul 2001 08:52 AM or thereabouts, Rusty Minden wrote:
> I am getting it to. Really slow though.
> Rusty
> On Tuesday 03 July 2001 07:14, you wrote:
> > On Monday 02 July 2001 18:27, Rusty Minden wrote:
> > > Slackware 8.0 is now out.
> >
> > Yeah I've been downloading the main iso image for the last 2 days...
> > if all goes well it will be done sometime tomorrow.  Arrgh.

I've downloaded the ISO's, and am burning a copy to bring to the meeting
tonight.   If anyone *really* needs one, let me know, takes about 5 minutes
to pop one off.

A *fast* mirror for Slackware can be found at:

http://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/slackware/slackware-8.0/isos/install.iso

Was getting 230 KB/sec off it yesterday... apparently they have a 155 Mb
pipe.

--Matthew
infinite@sigkill.com

--
  "There are a thousand forms of subversion, but few can equal the
   convenience and immediacy of a cream pie"