Re: [vox] DivX? was: Why Debian?

    DivX was a DVD format that allowed you to watch it just once or twice
for the original $5.00 or so that is cost.  To watch it again it would have
to be credited with another viewing, kind of like a phone card.  Circuit
City was the main investor in this technology, but DivX was dropped a little
over a year ago.  Any DivX DVD player could play non-DivX DVDs but a DVD
player had to be equipped with DivX technology for it to play DivX DVDs.  So
the idea was to have disposeable movies and therby reduce the need for movie
rental places.  Hence the interest from Circuit City.

Danny Webster