Re: [vox] Why Debian?

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 07:28:08PM +0100, John McDonnell wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > heck, i barely ever run X as it is...
>
> see, that's where the main difference lies between us.

Heheh... Pete's on his own here.  (And Mike Simons, too... his only
reason for running X seems to be to have 36 viewports filled with
hundreds of Xterms.  You should see how long it takes him to find a
'spare' one to run "date" on when he realizes he doesn't know what time
it is :) )

I happen to run Ximian Gnome along with Sawfish with all the purty stuff
turned on (background images in my Xterms, ultra-cool looking GTK+ and
Sawfish themes, all of the best of the best screensavers, and so on...)

All on my Debian box.  Just took adding a few lines to my apt-get
sources list and an "apt-get install ..." or two. :)