Re: [vox] Why Debian.

> eric, if you ever come to a meeting

I'm probably one of the most annoying people you'll
ever meet, once you get to know me, and arrogant also
(so I'm reminded occasionally), so either I'll: a)
lay-low and keep my mouth shut, or b) fit right in...

> and forget rpm.  apt-get/dpkg is MUCH nicer.  MUCH
> more powerful.  MUCH more
> easy.  and works MUCH better.  forget dependencies.
> they're all taken care
> for you in a sane and consistant manner.

I place a *high priority* on all the above, I may have
to install this at home...

> debian is straight unix knowledge.  as opposed to
> admining operating systems
> like redhat which seems to be straight GUI
> knowledge.  granted that some of
> rh's admin tools rock, but heck, i barely ever run X
> as it is...

I don't use guis when doing adminstration work (though
some of the people where I work use them), although I
do bring up the gui and then telnet (yeah, I know...)
to our boxes, and the only thing I really care about
gui-wise is a good web browser! Thankfully, they are
installing SSH on all the web servers, at least.
ERic (ps - thanks for the invite)