January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] [OT] junk mail (physical, not UCE) (fwd)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Doug Barbieri wrote:

> I forward all of my spam (with full headers on, of course), to
> spamcop@spamcop.net.
>
> You get a mail back with a link to the spamcop.net site--the service analyses
> the headers of the offending mail and figures out where it orignated from.
> You have the option of selecting which hosts to complain to. It also adds
> open relays to the ORBS database--stuff like that.
>
> I'm too lazy to parse apart each header, so that's why I use the service.

*DINGDINGDING*

Give this man a prize.  This is an excellent tip.

The only thing to beware of is that you have to forward the message as an
attachment so they get the whole kit-and-caboodle.

[pete eagerly awaits spam now; lol] I have a procmail recipe that is
pretty accurate at stuffing spams into a separate mailbox for me, so I
have lots of material to experiment with.

[...]

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing