January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] [OT] junk mail (physical, not UCE)

Re: [vox] [OT] junk mail (physical, not UCE)

> > But then they let convicted murderers
> > out on the weekends, if they ask.  pfft.  Anyway, if more countries made
it
> > a felony, I bet we would see a lot less.
>
> i'd be willing to bet this is not quite right -- you can't let high risk
> folks out of their cells.  there has to be more to the story to that.
> perhaps people convicted of manslaughter?   i dunno.  there's got to be
more
> to the story here.

Not really.  Bård Eithun stabbed a gay man 37 times in Lillehammer, and also
burnt a church.

>From http://www.thegrimoire.com/:

Bill Zebub: "I am sure that you are familiar with my fascination of the
Norwegian prison system. If I didn't know that it were true, I would swear
that it is a joke. A murderer can actually go free for a weekend every
month. Have any inmates attempted to escape? The only thing like that in
America was on a television show... 'The Andy Griffith Show' Sherrif Andy
would let a criminal go home on the weekends to tend the farm, or
something."

Bård Eithun: "Well, the point is that the Scandinavian prison system is very
liberal and this what you refer to is all based on trust really. When
inmates, serving longer sentences, have done a certain amount of their time,
they can apply to get transfered to lesser restrictive prison, so-called
"open prison" (presupposed their behaviour indicates they will have a chance
getting there). In these open prison you can regularly apply for leaves,
like I do now, and it`s usually every 4-5-6th weeks. As said earlier, it`s
all based on trust, and you will regularly have to report yourself to the
local police, and if you break these rules or in any other way fuck it up,
you will be handcuffed, taken back to maximum security and put in solitary
confinement. No mercy. Inmates escape from time to time, sure. That`s why
there have been a long debate in Norway discussing what`s the point with
these open prison since the police have to use time and money to look after
convicts on the run instead of concentrating on the bad guys that are on the
streets in the first place. But in opposition to the American prison system,
the European one is conducting a rehabilitation program and is therefore
sort of obliged to run the business this way. Hell, I even got a car
(Volvo - Swedish panzer), cell-phone, girlfriend, computer, internet, so I
have it as good as one could possibly be."

Also, Varg Vikernes killed a guy, burnt a bunch of churches, and stole some