Re: [vox] [OT] junk mail (physical, not UCE)

Re: [vox] [OT] junk mail (physical, not UCE)

I hope you are kidding about the felony... I think that over a year in
jail for that type of activity way over the top.  Maybe we should make
trafficking in spam producing software a felony too... I'm sorry you
created a telnet program and have violated the DMSA (Digital
Millennium Spam Act) and will now spend weeks in jail waiting for some
judge to get a clue.  Give me a break.

I think that spam will work itself out.  If things start getting too
bad people will switch to an email system that verifies the source of
the message before accepting it.  MAPS/RBL is an awkward attempt to do
this by forcing people to shut down open gateways.  I am less angry
about spam, if I can find the entity that sent it.

There should be laws against spam, but they should be civil penalties
that discourage people from making money from the spam.  Without
financial incentives, much of the spam will go away.  For the most
part creative filters and throw away email accounts have nearly
eliminated my spam diet <knock on wood>.

Joel