[vox] _ANOTHER_ reason to not use Microsoft! :)

[vox] _ANOTHER_ reason to not use Microsoft! :)

A new worm called "Code Red" appears to be infesting itself in any
IIS webservers it can get its hands on.  Analysts discovered that the
purpose will be to flood Whitehouse.gov (in a DoS attack, I guess?)
at 5pm PDT today.

  "Code Red worm set to flood Internet"
  C|Net, 2001.Jul.19

  http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6616583.html

  "The worm, which is thought to have compromised more than 15,000
  English-language servers running Microsoft's Web server software, will cause
  every infected computer to flood the Whitehouse.gov address with data
  starting at 5 p.m. PDT... 'If this goes along what it's looking like,
  parts of the Net will go down,' [said an analyst]."