Re: [vox] text along a path

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 12:47:21PM -0700, Henry House wrote:
> Anyone know of a free tool that can string text along a path, a la Adobe
> <censored>strator? None of the free tools available seem to do this rather
> specialized form of text mangling.
<snip>

Gimp to the rescue!  (At least, if you're happy with a bitmap, rather
than a vector image.  Of course, I think you can do rotated text vector
using PostScript)

Anyway... from the Gimp toolbox, select
"Xtns" -> "Script-Fu" -> "Logos" -> "Text Circle"

Names and location may vary, depending on the version of Gimp you're
using.  (I'm using the latest that comes with Debian or Ximian/Gnome)