Re: [vox] Poll: If IBM were to come talk...

On 18 Jul 2001 04:10 PM or thereabouts, Donald Dunn wrote:
> 15,000 Linux copies in one box.

Mmmn... Linux on S/390's.  It just so happens that I belong to one of the
groups doing that.

> What software IBM is co-developing in the open community.

http://alphaworks.ibm.com/

Pick one.  Not all are co-developed, but everything on this site is open
source.

> Which distro's IBM supports (5-7) I think.

RedHat, SuSE, and TurboLinux are the prefered x86 distros for pre-installs,
but many of us like/use Debian.  IBM also has a relationship with
YellowDog, and now runs the LinuxPPC project.

I can hopefully get someone in to speak about any topic the group would
like.

--Matthew
msnelham@us.ibm.com
Systems Architect
Linux National Practice
IBM Global Services

--
  "There are a thousand forms of subversion, but few can equal the
   convenience and immediacy of a cream pie"