Re: [vox] No DSL, no cable -- options? [amended]

"Stephen M. Helms" wrote:
> amended:
> I was reading the section on "How do I know if Starband is right for
> me?" and it states it is right for you if you have a Windows computer.
> It says it is not right for you if you have a Mac / Linux / UNIX computer.
> So, I take back my recommendation, unless someone else has one and knows
> it will work with Linux.

Although Starband only "officially" supports Windows, it's well-known
that you can activate the Ethernet port instead of the USB
port and use it with whatever system you want.  Here's a
column from Robert Cringeley about how he did it:

I'm sure there are many more examples on the web...

				-Lynn