[vox] Dual Boot: Win2K+Linux

For those who were wondering how to dual boot Win2K and Linux at the
meeting last night, here's what I did today that worked beautifully.
First,
OS particulars:

Linux:  Slackware -current (downloaded June 18th), 2.2.19 kernel
Win2K:  Windows 2000 Professional

I started with a clean drive. First I installed Win2K on an NTFS
partion
located at the start of the drive (/dev/hda1). Once it was up and
running
happily (as MS can get at least), I popped in my Slack CD and installed
that on the rest of the drive. In fdisk, I marked the extended partion
for
some of my Linux drives as type "Linux Extended" (85) instead of
regular
extended (5). I installed LILO into the MBR (plus made a boot disk).
The
LILO item for Win2k is you basic "other" entry just like you'd use for
Win98 or DOS.

Melissa

Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
http://www.malevolence.com        telnet://mud.malevolence.com:3000