Re: [vox] Arkeia Power Award

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Community outreach.  That pretty much sums up our purpose statemement in
[...]
> The website is always up-to-date [...]
> I dare any LUG to beat that.
> -Mark

One thing that strikes (and greatly impresses) me about LUGOD is the
number of members, quality of speakers, variety of activities, and level
of dedication of the active members _considering how long LUGOD has been
in existence_.

I've founded a non-profit organization before.  I know how much work is
involved in initiating and maintaining the level of service that LUGOD
provides.  I would be very surprised if there's another LUG that has this
kind of organization, given the same amount of time in which to construct
it.

Bill, when applying for this award, I hope you'll be sure to
include something about the time-frame in which all that you've done has
been accomplished.

--Christine