Re: [vox] Arkeia Power Award

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, William Kendrick wrote:

>    Technical Area of Expertise     [ seems quite difficult to answer!!! ]

Community outreach.  That pretty much sums up our purpose statemement in
the constitution:

   http://www.lugod.org/objectives/constitution.html

which, btw, has been followed excellently.

>    What is it that makes your Linux User Group
>    the best in the land?
>    (Summary of Achievements/Recognition Awards)

The website is always up-to-date; we've been said to be one of the best
LUG on the west coast by what's-his-name; we've kept close ties to the
local university population while keeping enough independence to be useful
to the city and nearby cities (as south as Vacaville; as northeast as
Roseville); memberships that span as far south as VA Linux (or Australia
if you count Drew) and as north as Roseville; a series of famous speakers
like Raster, Horms, Allison, Bishop, Peticolas, Kendrick :), Matloff
(scheduled), Wilken (to-be-scheduled), and speakers from
companies/organizations like Borland, Cisco, HP (er...), VMWare
(to-be-scheduled), SETI@home (to-be-scheduled), IBM (to-be-scheduled); and
a closeness(?) between the members like a fly stuck to a glue...

I dare any LUG to beat that.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim