RE: [vox] subject line changes

Did I say change your language?  Did I ask you to moderate your verbage?
Did I ask for a lecture on your right to be politically incorrect?  No I did
not.

I asked that the subject line change to reflect the thread.
The subject changed from Win2000 stability to GTK based libraries and his
opinion of them as compared to various types of offered services.  He used a
colorful metaphor, I used one.  I'm just being attacked for political
correctness for making a simple request colorfully, which is, in and of
itself a form of political correctness.  (BTW:  There really is no such
thing as political correctness, that's a marketing myth and useless
buzzwork, like 'thinking outside the box.)

I notice that a lot of VOX threads do not change subject lines and I also
exercised my right to use colorful politically incorrect phrasing to bring
that to the lists attention.

If someone wants to be known as a wordy bastard, that is their damn right.
I just prefer to be able to sort by subject and continue interesting threads
before moving on to new ones.  I do not view my general avoidance at using
color metaphors as being polictically correct, just good manners.  You use
whatever language and metaphors you want and develop your own reputation, it
yours, not mine, I don't care what you do with it!  I think it can often get
in the way of accurate descriptions, but I imagine I can parse out your
meaning most of the time.

Why would I care what religious belief you are much less when did that
justify anything ever?

Steven Peck

Shortsightness is often incurable.