Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] Ice Cream FUNdraiser, June 13th @ Ben & Jer

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] Ice Cream FUNdraiser, June 13th @ Ben & Jerry's, Davis

begin: William Kendrick <nbs@bolt.sonic.net> quote
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 08:15:08PM -0700, Dale Bewley wrote:
> > William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> writes:
> > > By purchasing ice cream during this FUNdraiser, you will be supporting
> > > EFF...
> >
> > Not to mention the dairy industry and animal cruelty, but this isn't
> > the vegan list so I'll shut up.
>
> Well, this is Ben & Jerry's we're talking about.
> They're against recombinant bovine growth hormone, and get their
> milk from the "Organic Valley" cooperative (which are family farmers).

actually, i think ben & jerrys is owned by haagen dazs or some company like
that.  they got bought out a few years ago, i think.

although i'm pretty sure i remember reading that the new owners will try to
adhere to the same standards of business operations that ben and jerry used.

besides, animals are just trying to work off karma.  by protecting animals,
you're going against the grain of dharma.   snubbing dharma is a good way to
get reincarnated into a paramecium or something.

pete